Did You Hear Her say She’s Pregnant?
“I think I’m pregnant.” Four words can turn your life upside down. Whether she’s your partner, wife, girlfriend, or a friend you really care about, when pregnancy comes unexpectedly, there are many questions.
An unplanned pregnancy can leave both of you surprised, scared, and feeling trapped, but we’re here to help you. The final decision may be hers, but your partner needs to know your thoughts. She needs your support.
Here are a few suggestions to help you along the way.
What To Do
- Confirm she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to her appointment.
- Talk with her and listen. It’s vital to keep the lines of communication open.
- Be there for her. She needs you now more than ever.
- Get advice from people you trust. Discuss the situation with parents and others who’ll be directly affected. Keeping this a secret will only add to the stress.
- Learn your options and what resources are available.
- Be honest with her and yourself.
What Not To Do
- Don’t run from your responsibilities. The more you try to avoid the situation, the more complicated things get.
- Don’t close yourself off emotionally. After all, you’re 50% of the equation.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. You need to work together.
- Don’t stop communicating. Express your feelings and add your input when it’s needed.
You Have Options
Set up an appointment for a no-cost medical consult, and have her take one of our no-cost medical-grade pregnancy tests. If she qualifies, we can confirm the pregnancy with a limited ultrasound scan.
What to do about an unplanned pregnancy is a life-changing decision, and you want answers. We will meet you, individually or together, confidentially.
Talk with a member of our medical staff and get the facts about the pregnancy, abortion, and your other options. Remember, we’re here for you too.